Dentistry is a truly amazing field, which is advancing and evolving all the time. We’re proud to invest in incredible dental technology to bring our clients the best treatments out there. One of our most innovative treatments is same-day CEREC restorations. If you’re not familiar with CEREC, here are five amazing facts.
- CEREC enables us to offer same-day restorative treatment: usually, it takes around two weeks and separate treatment sessions to provide crown or veneer treatment. With CEREC, we can offer same-day treatment. CEREC takes care of every aspect of restorative treatment for us. We can design, fabricate and fit the new restoration in a single day.
- CEREC can be used to make bespoke veneers, inlays and onlays and crowns: CEREC is a versatile piece of kit, which enables us to make an array of different restorations. This means that we can offer same-day treatment to patients with varied restorative needs.
- CEREC enables us to do everything on-site: usually, when you need a new crown, for example, we create a putty mould, which is sent away to the laboratory. With CEREC, we do everything on-site.
- CEREC uses photographic images to form customised restorations: many people dislike the feel of dental putty in their mouth, and creating moulds can be an unpleasant and messy experience. With CEREC, we don’t need to do this. We can create new restoration using photographic images. CEREC converts these images into 3D templates, which are sent to the milling machine.
- CEREC improves accuracy: with putty impressions there’s always a marginal risk of inaccuracy. CEREC eliminates this and is therefore a more accurate way of creating custom-made restorations.
If you’d like to find out more, don’t hesitate to give us a call today!