The best way to maintain healthy teeth and a great smile is to practice good dental hygiene. So, for great spring cleaning to get those winter time cobwebs out of your mouth, here are some great tips to get your smile ready to rock:
1. Brushing: Make sure you brush your teeth after each meal
2. Daily dental routine: Get into a routine of brushing and flossing your teeth daily. Make sure you brush your teeth at least twice a day. A good time to brush your teeth is in the morning and at night
3. Flossing: Make sure to floss at least once a day
4. Effective toothbrushes that get positive results: The best type of toothbrush to use is a soft, rounded toothbrush that is not to big because you want to make sure that you brush all areas of your teeth and mouth
5. Get rid of the old and bring in the new: Remember to replace your toothbrush every 3 to 4 months
6. Electronic toothbrushes: You can use an electric toothbrush if you prefer. Research suggests that powered toothbrushes with a rotating brush that moves back-and-forth are better to use than other types of toothbrushes. As an insurance company, we would prefer everyone to be using the best toothbrush they can afford
7. Use fluoride: Always brush with toothpaste that contains fluoride. Toothpaste that contains tarter control is good toothpaste to purchase because tarter control toothpaste will help slow down any mineral buildup developing on your teeth.
8. Hold your toothbrush the right way: When you brush try holding your toothbrush in a position that will not only brush your teeth, but brush the gums well too. While you brush your teeth, move the brush back and forth brushing your teeth in a circular motion. Brush softly not hard, because you can make hurt your gums and damage your tooth enamel.
9. Brush your entire mouth not just your teeth: Brush all tongue and the surfaces of your cheek. Make sure you brush your front and back teeth the best.
10. Cleaning your tongue is just as important as cleaning your teeth: Brush your tongue after you brush your teeth. Brushing your tongue helps remove plaque, which can cause your breath to smell bad and you, can also develop bacteria in your mouth if you do not brush your tongue along with your teeth.
Spring cleaning helps make all things new again. Give your smile a chance to do the same. You’ll be glad you did. And your family, friends, and co-workers will all appreciate how great you look.
At the Liverpool Dental Spa we don’t just look after implants and veneers or whiten your teeth. Our commitment is to enable you to have the best smile possible for as long as possible.