30th January 2018
If you’re looking for an effective, reliable means of replacing missing teeth, look no further than dental implants. Implants guarantee stability and functionality and they offer a long-term solution for tooth loss.
Introducing dental implants
Dental implants are an increasingly popular treatment for patients who have lost a tooth or multiple teeth. Implants are designed to replace the root of the missing tooth and they are placed inside small openings in the jaw bone. In most cases, titanium is used to create implants because this is a biocompatible material, which enables the implant to integrate into the bone tissue. Once the implant has settled, it can then be attached to a bridge, a denture or a crown to complete the process of replacing the tooth.
The advantages of implants
Implants are a really impressive step forward in the replacement of missing natural teeth. Implants are built to last for years and they offer a longer lasting and more durable alternative to bridges and dentures. Implants also enhance the functionality of the mouth, as the implant is as strong and stable as a healthy natural root. You can eat whatever you like and you should also find that your speech becomes clearer. Implants also help to reduce the risk of bone loss.
Another advantage of implants is their versatility. Implants are compatible with different types of restoration, meaning they can be used for most patients regardless of how many teeth are missing.
If you like the sound of implants and you’d like to find out more, why not get in touch with us today?
26th January 2018
If you have a missing tooth, you may be considering your options. We strongly recommend replacing lost teeth for many reasons, and we offer some excellent treatments. Missing teeth can affect the aesthetic of the smile and your confidence, but they can also have a negative impact on your oral health. We are delighted to offer patients in Liverpool an array of fantastic tooth replacement options, including dental bridges.
What exactly is a dental bridge?
A dental bridge is a form of restoration, which is used to fill gaps when a tooth has been lost through injury or dental disease. The aim of the bridge is to literally bridge the gap between the remaining teeth. The most common type of bridge is a traditional fixed bridge. This type of bridge is made from a false tooth, which is fused to a crown on each side. Bridges can be made from ceramics, which produces a very natural and lifelike aesthetic.
The benefits of a dental bridge
Dental bridges offer a wealth of benefits for patients who are missing one or more natural teeth. Bridges are much more affordable than dental implants and they can be fitted in just 2 appointments. As they are made from ceramics, bridges are also very discreet and you won’t be able to spot the difference between the bridge and the natural teeth. Bridges are also more convenient than dentures and they should last up to 15 years if they are well looked-after.
If you have a missing tooth and you’re exploring your options, our friendly dentists will be happy to provide you with information about bridges, discuss alternatives and answer any questions you have. Call us today or pop in and see us if you’re in town.
18th January 2018
Many people start a new year with plans to embrace healthy eating. Usually, this is linked to improving your health and losing weight, but it can also be hugely beneficial for your dental health. If you’re on a health kick and you’re keen to protect your smile at the same time, here are 5 food swaps to try:
- Sugary cereals for porridge: many popular cereals contain a lot of sugar, so keep an eye out when you’re at the supermarket. Even healthy-seeming options like granola and muesli can be laden with sugar. Porridge is an excellent choice because it is naturally low in sugar and high in fibre and it releases energy slowly, so you shouldn’t need to snack. If you have a sweet tooth, add a teaspoon of honey or a handful of berries rather than sprinkling sugar on the top.
- Ice cream for yoghurt: ice cream season is over, but the good news is that there’s a tooth-friendly, weather-friendly alternative on offer. Natural yoghurt is a great substitute for ice cream. It is rich in calcium and you can add fresh berries, apple, pear, mango or banana to sweeten it up.
- Fizzy drinks for sugar-free cordial: fizzy drinks are among the most harmful products you can buy in terms of your dental health. These drinks are packed with sugar, but they’re also acidic. To cut down your sugar intake and protect your enamel, opt for sugar-free cordial, water or milk instead.
- Shop-bought smoothies for homemade creations: smoothies are often marketed as a healthy alternative to fizzy drinks, but if you look at the labels, you’ll find that many products you buy in stores and cafes contain a lot of added sugar. Instead of buying smoothies, make your own at home. This allows you to control the sugar content and you’ll also save money.
- Popcorn for almonds: popcorn has become an increasingly popular snack. Marketed as a healthy, low-calorie snack, popcorn isn’t quite as saintly as it may seem. It tends to get stuck in your teeth and the hard kernels can also break and chip the teeth. Instead of snacking on popcorn, indulge in a handful of almonds instead. Almonds contain calcium and they also have low sugar content.
16th January 2018
Veneers are a very popular cosmetic dental treatment and it’s easy to see why! Veneers are famed for creating radiant, beautiful smiles and they provide a solution for patients with a range of different dental flaws. Once associated with A-listers and models, veneers are now accessible to all and we’re delighted to have a range of incredible veneer treatments on offer right here in the heart of Liverpool.
Which veneer treatment is right for me?
It’s always good to have a choice in life, but if you’re greeted with a list of options, this can make it difficult to make decisions. Our dental team is on hand to help you decide which veneer treatment is best for you, but in the meantime, you may find this brief introduction useful.
Our veneer treatments:
MACveneers: MACveneers are renowned for creating very natural looking results, as they are coloured from within using a range of hues. Made from pressed ceramics, these veneers aren’t just beautiful to look at. They’re also up to three times stronger than traditional porcelain veneers. MACveneers are also stain-resistant, so you can enjoy a bright white smile for years to come.
Da Vinci veneers: if you’re a fan of makeover shows on TV, you may well have come across Da Vinci veneers. These veneers bring the glamour and they’re a favourite among celebrities. If you long for that iconic Hollywood smile, this could be the ultimate treatment for you.
Lumineers: Lumineers are made from a different kind of ceramic material to other types of veneer. They are crafted using a patented pressed ceramic material known as Cerinate. Although Lumineers ae very thin and fine, they’re also incredibly strong and they last up to twice as long as traditional veneers. As Lumineers are so thin, minimal preparation is required.
If you’re interested in veneers and you’d like to learn more about our treatment options and how they could benefit you, why not contact us today?
12th January 2018
We strive to ensure our patients have strong, healthy teeth. If you have a dental infection, it’s our mission to treat you and make you feel more comfortable as quickly as possible. When the infection has spread to the tooth pulp, there is often a chance to save the tooth by using a technique known as root canal treatment. The mere mention of root canal treatment can fill patients with dread, but this an incredibly important procedure, which can restore your smile without any pain. Contrary to popular belief, this procedure is nothing to be fearful of. Your tooth will be numbed and you can rest assured that you’ll be in safe hands with our experienced dental team.
About root canal treatment
If you have a tooth infection and bacteria have spread to the dental pulp, your dentist may recommend root canal treatment. Dental pulp is the living tissue of the tooth and once it becomes damaged or decayed, there’s a high risk of the tooth dying. Root canal treatment can save the tooth, providing an alternative to extraction. The aim of the procedure is to remove the damaged or decayed pulp tissue and stop an infection from spreading further.
Before you have root canal treatment, your dentist will talk you through the process and numb your tooth using local anaesthetic. This will help to ensure that you don’t experience any pain. When the tooth is numb, your dentist will drill into it to access the root canals. They will then remove the decayed pulp tissue and fill the root canals with gutta percha, a material used to seal the channels and prevent bacteria from spreading. We often recommend crowning the tooth following root canal treatment to make it stronger and more resistant to damage.
If you have any questions about root canal treatment or you’re a nervous patient and you’d like to learn more about how we could help you, call us and book a consultation.
11th January 2018
If you thought you had to wear metal train-tracks to get a gorgeous smile, you’d be wrong! At Liverpool Dental Spa, we offer a range of aesthetically-pleasing, discreet alternatives, including clear fixed braces and invisible removable aligners. If you’re keen to undergo orthodontic treatment in secret, why not give us a call and see how we could help you?
Our clear braces
We offer an impressive collection of clear braces, including:
- Invisalign, Clearstep and Perfect Clear: these systems all utilise clear aligners made from high-grade plastic to reposition the teeth. The aligners look similar to mouth guards and they move the teeth without anyone even being able to spot them. Aligners are generally recommended for minor and moderate issues, as they provide less support than fixed braces. One of the benefits people love most about aligners is the flexibility they give you, as you can take them out when you want to eat or clean your teeth.
- Damon Braces: Damon Braces are an excellent choice for patients who would benefit from fixed braces. They are suitable for even the most complex cases and they boast transparent and tooth-coloured materials, which make them much more discreet than traditional metal fixed braces. Damon Braces also produce results around 4-6 months faster than conventional fixed orthodontics.
- CFast braces: CFat braces are clear, sleek, delicate fixed braces, which are tricky to detect when you smile. They provide the reliability of fixed braces as well as discreet aesthetics.
- MTM No Trace Brace: if you’re keen to undergo secret treatment, MTM No Trace Braces could be the ideal option for you. These braces are attached to the back of the teeth, which means that they are invisible when you smile.
To find out more about our incredible collection of clear braces, why not get in touch today?
9th January 2018
If you need a new crown or you’re having trouble with a tooth you think may be broken, you may assume that it takes weeks to find a solution. In some cases, repairing a tooth can take a couple of weeks, but at Liverpool Dental Spa, we can offer same-day treatment. If you need results in a hurry, you’ve come to the right place!
Same-day tooth restoration at Liverpool Dental Spa
We understand that time is of the essence for our clients and we are delighted to offer same-day tooth restoration. We use an innovative form of technology known as Cerec to bring about incredible results in a single day. Cerec enables us to design, fabricate and fit new crowns, inlays, onlays and veneers in just one session.
Traditionally, when you need a new crown, for example, your dentist will create a putty mould which is sent away to the laboratory. A dental technician will craft the crown and then send it back to the dentist and they will then arrange an appointment to fit the new crown. With Cerec, we can take control of every stage of the process on-site, so there’s no need to send anything away or wait around for the new restoration.
Cerec uses images captured by a camera to create detailed impressions, which are used to form the template for your new restoration. These images are sent to the on-site milling machine, which takes control of the fabrication process. Within minutes, your restoration will be ready, and your dentist can place it immediately.
The benefits of Cerec
Cerec offers an array of benefits for dentists and patients, including:
- Speedy treatment times
- No mess and no putty impressions involved
- No need for multiple appointments
- Improved accuracy
If you’re keen to find out more about sensational Cerec, call us today and book an appointment!
5th January 2018
Snoring is a very common problem. If you live with a snorer or you snore on a regular basis, this can take its toll on your sleep quality and your mood, as well as your relationships with others. If snoring has become a problem in your household, here are 4 ways you can try and banish sleepless nights for good:
- Change your sleeping position: many people find that they snore when they sleep on their back, rather than their side. If you do snore, try and alter your position to open up the airways and allow more oxygen to reach your lungs.
- Avoid alcohol before bed: if you find that you snore after a night out, this is because alcohol causes the muscles in your throat to relax. Try and avoid drinking anything alcoholic for at least a couple of hours before you go to bed.
- Lose weight: in some cases, snoring is linked to being overweight. If you are in the overweight or obese BMI range, losing weight could help to reduce snoring, as well as improving your general health. The best way to go about this mission is to combine regular exercise with healthy eating. We are here to help if you need any advice.
- Call and book a consultation: sometimes, the causes of snoring may not be as simple as sleeping on your back or having a beer before bed. If minor changes haven’t made a difference, call us and book a consultation. In some cases, we can intervene by providing you with a customised device, which is used to open up the airway and help you breathe easy. The device helps to open up the airway by moving the lower jaw forward slightly and holding it in this position while you sleep.
Do you live with a snorer or do you feel guilty because your snoring is keeping others awake? If snoring is an issue, we’re here to help! Call us today to find out more.
4th January 2018
At Liverpool Dental Spa, we’re always keen for our patients to enjoy optimum oral health and we strongly believe that prevention is better than cure. If you’re hoping to protect your teeth and gums in 2018, here are three top tips to take on board:
- Learn to brush properly: if you’re guilty of cutting your teeth cleaning sessions short or your enamel is worn because you brush too hard, now is the time to hone your brushing skills and start enjoying the benefits of effective cleaning. Spend two minutes every morning and evening brushing your teeth, taking care to cover the gum line and each individual surface of every single tooth. Use a timer to make sure you brush for long enough and be gentle. If you’re too firm, this can damage the enamel and increase the risk of sensitivity and cavities.
- Clean between your teeth: brushing is brilliant, but it can only do so much. To enjoy a more thorough, deeper clean, it’s important to clean between the teeth. This will help you remove bacteria and bits of food and prevent plaque formation. You can floss or use inter-dental brushes to clean the tiny cracks and gaps between your teeth.
- Book a dental appointment: if you haven’t been to the dentist for at least 6 months, it’s a good idea to make it your mission to keep up to date with dental checks in 2018. A check-up is painless and it only takes around 5 minutes. If you see your dentist on a regular basis, you can lower your risk of developing gum disease and decay by up to 60 percent. Call us now to make an appointment!
If you need any other tooth-friendly tips or you’d like some advice about keeping dental issues at bay, don’t hesitate to get in touch!
2nd January 2018
Is there any better way to start the year than with a bright and beautiful smile? If you’re looking to start as you mean to go on, why not treat yourself to a smile makeover in Liverpool? At Liverpool Dental Spa, we offer a bespoke service to make your dental dreams come true!
About our smile makeovers
We refer to our smile makeovers as the ultimate treat for your teeth. This treatment is designed to correct flaws, enhance the natural beauty of your smile and most importantly make you feel confident when your pearly whites are on show for all to see. If you struggle with low confidence as a result of the look of your teeth or you long for a smile fit for the red carpet, we can help!
We offer a wide range of dental services and treatments, which can be combined to create a stunning smile by means of a customised smile makeover. We tailor the treatment process to suit every individual client and this is why no two smile makeovers are the same.
We pride ourselves on offering our clients a range of choices when it comes to treatments and services and we can make recommendations based on your idea of the dream smile, your budget and the timeframe in which you want to operate. We understand that time is a luxury for many and we can work with you to draw up plans, which suit you perfectly.
Examples of our most popular smile makeover treatments include:
- Tooth whitening
- Cosmetic braces
- Gum reshaping
- Cosmetic bonding
- White fillings
- Crowns and bridges
- Dental implants
If you dream of a dazzling smile, why not start the year in style and call us now?